The Community Infrastructure Levy is a tool for Local Authorities in England and Wales to secure funding from development to help deliver infrastructure to support the development of their area.
This consultation, on a Draft Charging Schedule, sets out the Council’s proposals for the type of development that could be subject to a CIL charge, the proposed charging rates, potential geographic charging zones and the draft Regulation 123 List (which sets out the types of infrastructure that the Council may fund, entirely or in part, through CIL).
Consultation on the Draft Charging Schedule follows consultation on a preliminary draft earlier this year. The Council are also taking this opportunity to consult on a revised Draft Planning Obligations SPD. The Council would like to invite representations on its CIL Draft Charging Schedule, draft Regulation 123 List and Draft Planning Obligations SPD (2017) from 29 August to 26 September 2017.
Following this consultation the Council will review the representations and seek to submit the CIL to the Planning Inspectorate for examination prior to consideration by Council for adoption.
The CIL Draft Charging Schedule, the statement of representations procedure and the draft Regulation 123 List are available for inspection on the Council’s website and at the locations identified below. Representations can be made by email or by post to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Online: http://northtyneside-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/cil_draft_charging_schedule_and_planning_obligations_spd
• Post: Planning Policy, North Tyneside Council, Quadrant East, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY.
Any party making representations may request the right to be heard at the examination and may also request to be notified of any of the following:
i. that the Draft CIL Charging Schedule has been submitted to the examiner in accordance with Section 212 of the Planning Act 2008;
ii. the publication of the recommendations of the examiner and the reasons for those recommendations, and
iii. the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Council.
CIL documents are available to inspect at:
- North Tyneside Council, Quadrant East, Cobalt Business Park, NE27 0BY 8:30am-5pm except Friday 4:30pm. Closed at weekend.
- White Swan Centre, Killingworth, NE12 6SS Monday and Friday 9am-5.30pm Tuesday and Thursday 9am-7pm, Wednesday and Saturday 9am-5pm
- Whitley Bay Library, NE26 1AB Wallsend Library, NE28 8GR North Shields Library, NE30 1QU
Please feel free to contact the Planning Policy team for any further information.
Senior Planning Policy Officer