North Tyneside Council’s Business & Enterprise Team support economic growth and job creation in the borough.
The priority of the team is to support new and assist existing businesses to grow and thrive. The Business & Enterprise Team offer an extensive range of support services to assist businesses including:
Business Support & Development
- Relocation – Assistance is provided to identify commercial properties of all sizes to meet the needs of the business, demographics and support for recruitment and training.
- Business Survival – Local businesses can receive advice; guidance and signposting to appropriate partner support organisations ensure their long term viability.
- Business Growth – Support to assist businesses to thrive, including business advice, access to tendering opportunities, property searches and workforce development.
- Financial Support – The team can broker in support packages to assist with business expansion and inward investment which may include a mixture of grants, loans and equity finance.
- Hardship Rate Relief – The Council has discretion to give relief in special circumstances. For further details about small business rate relief or hardship rate relief, please contact the Business Rates Department on 0191 643 2365 or email email@example.com
- Recruitment – Support for recruitment is provided through the Generation NE scheme which aims to support the region’s businesses to future proof their workforces whilst tackling youth unemployment. Please contact Barbara Clark on 07870518231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Up Support
A comprehensive programme of business start-up support is available in North Tyneside including training, business planning, ideas generation assistance and advice. This support is provided through The Business Factory.
Acting as a single point of contact for investors, Invest North Tyneside offers advice on all matters relating to business investment in the area. Companies can tap into a broad range of support from property searches and bespoke research on the region to providing advice on access to funding.
This can be as hands-on or as arms length as required and is always tailored to meet individual needs. Working closely with partners across North East England, Invest North Tyneside can broker in additional sources of support as and when required.
Vacant Premises Search
For a current listings check locatenorthtyneside.co.uk or call 0191 643 6409 for a bespoke property vacancy search from the Business team.