In the run up to the 22nd North Tyneside Business Awards on Thursday 21st November, we’re focusing on the finalists…next up is the Manufacturing and Construction Award finalists.
In their own words, here’s what they do and their 3 main achievements
Integrated Display Systems is the worldwide industry leader for designing and manufacturing belt tension equipment and handbrake setting equipment.
- the business has continued to evolve and develop new products which are used by a global customer base: with 95% of sales being export and including household names such as Ford and VW.
- series of patented products and have moved to become the global belt tension experts, having previously oﬀered LED display equipment and bomb disposal robots.
- In May 2018 the business was acquired in a MBO and have since invested signiﬁcant sums in new plant, machinery and premises.
Blake Hopkinson Architecture
We are an R.I.B.A. chartered architectural practice with a specialism in communal living schemes for older persons and specialist care.
- During this financial year the business has cleared £1m turnover for the first time, employing 16 professional staff.
- We have a wide range of clients and successfully completed projects right across the North East. During this financial year the practice has secured commissions outside of area with new projects in Huddersfield and Bradford.
- The practice has expanded its commercial sector work completing £20m of schemes in in the last financial year. New commissions have been secured with Stirling Pharma and MSD, two regionally significant Pharmaceutical companies.
Damian Cronin Ltd
We are a manufacturing and fitting of complex bespoke joinery products and site construction to include the refurbishment of existing buildings, listed buildings and new build projects.
- We have trained and created exciting careers for apprentices who had previously struggled with health, home and environmental issues.
- we train and employ men and women who otherwise would have, due to age, remained long term unemployed
- Won exciting contracts from national chains and worldwide companies creating job security Helped other smaller business grow by sharing facilities and entering into partnership agreements