From local business awards to national recognition for achievements, the North Tyneside Business Forum is leading the way in congratulating a growing list of North Tyneside businesses receiving awards this month. Their success is made all the greater by the fact that so many of the winning businesses have previously won North Tyneside Business Awards from the Forum itself.
With companies from a range of industries announcing shortlisting and award-winning successes, it appears North Tyneside is the place to be in business.
David W Bavaird, Chair of the North Tyneside Business Forum, said: “So many of our previous North Tyneside Business Award winners are now going on to even bigger and better things. This is such an exciting time for North Tyneside as a business community and we’re very proud of our members for the inspirational strides they’re taking.
“It’s the Forum’s remit to support and encourage business in the local area so we can’t let all these successes pass us by without congratulating those involved. Our own Business Awards, which are held annually, are designed to recognise the achievements of our business community and they appear to be a spring board to even greater success around the region.”
Amongst the successful businesses in the North Tyneside area are Riley’s Fish Shack, which has been nominated for the World Restaurant Awards 2019, The Dog & Rabbit MicroBrewery in Whitley Bay, named CAMRA’s Tyneside Pub of the Year, Nicholson’s Butchers who have received two Guild of Butchers awards, Monitor Coatings, the 2018 North Tyneside Business of the Year has been shortlisted for an Innovation Award at the North East Business Awards.
There is also a long list of other North Tyneside businesses, large and small, who won or have been shortlisted for various awards both regionally and nationally.
“We champion business in all its forms throughout North Tyneside so hearing of all these business successes has been incredible,” continued David. “We wish all of those businesses shortlisted for awards coming up all the very best and long may our borough remain a thriving, award-winning business community helping to make North Tyneside a great place to live, work and visit.”
List of businesses in North Tyneside which have been shortlisted for / won awards from 1st Jan to 7th Feb 2019 (which we have been made aware of):
• Dan Ellis – Jam Jar Cinema – For the Love of Film BAFTA
• Dog & Rabbit Micro Brew Pub – CAMRA Awards – North Tyneside Pub of the Year and Overall Tyneside Pub of the Year (previous finalist at North Tyneside Business Awards)
• Nicholsons Butchers – Q Guild of Butchers Smithfield Awards – Golden awards for two products
• Riley’s Fish Shack – World Food Awards – Off the Map Destination
• Turknaz – British Kebab Awards – Best Value Restaurant, Chef of the Year and Best Kebab Restaurant Regional
North East Business Awards shortlist
• Formica (previous winner of Special Contribution Award at North Tyneside Business Awards) – Manufacturing and Heart of the Community Awards
• Monitor Coatings (2018 North Tyneside Business of the Year) – Innovation Award
• Baristocracy Coffee –Newcomer of the Year
• Barrier Ex (2018 North Tyneside Manufacturing and Construction Award) – Newcomer of the Year
• Blake Hopkinson Architecture – Services Award
• Vocare – Services Award
• Expert Precision Engineering – Small Business Award
Tyne and Wear Business Awards – part of England Business Awards
• Nemo Swimming – Best Child Orientated Business
• The Pie & Bottle Shop – Best Food Business
• Ocean Fit – Best Whitley Bay Business
• ME PAT Services – Best Tradesperson
• My Retreat – Best Beauty Salon