Head of Finance
North Tyneside Council
Quadrant East, Silverlink North
Cobalt Business Park
North Tyneside, NE27 0BY
North Tyneside Business Forum have made every effort to encourage our members to take part in the budget consultation exercise with many businesses attending the consultation meetings and thank you for taking the time last week to discuss the budget with representatives from the Management Group.
With a membership now of over 800 businesses we would expect there to be a range of views but the Management Group felt that given the importance of the topic that we make a formal response so that the views of the lead business organisation are recorded and we would like to make the following points,
- We support the key priorities on which the budget has been based.
- We recognise that the proposed budget is complex and that it is a challenging budget to set with many decisions necessary which will affect both residents and businesses.
- We recognise that many of the proposed changes to operations and delivery are complex and may be difficult to achieve.
- We support the continued investment in our town centres
- We believe that wherever possible we should continue to invest in support for start-up businesses and businesses in North Tyneside.
- We would ask that you look at how businesses can have recycling opportunities available to reduce costs
- We will investigate how we can increase financial contributions from businesses for Christmas trees
- We will not make comment on a line by line basis on the details in the budget but we would respectfully request that you continue to consult with us on key decisions when you consider it appropriate.
In conclusion the proposed budget in principle is supported by the North Tyneside Business Forum as it is the key component in helping to make North Tyneside a great place to live, work and visit.
I trust that the above is in order any questions please call.
pp. David W Bavaird,
Chair of North Tyneside Business Forum