COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on businesses in North Tyneside but reassuringly, what has come out of the pandemic is our members ability to adapt and face the challenge head on.
As a Forum, we’ve shared information to our members and the business community but now we feel it is time to move onto the next stage.
Based on your feedback, over the next couple of months we’ll be sharing practical tips and guidance for businesses in three main areas – Finance, Wellbeing and Adapting.
We’d also like to see you at our online & face to face networking events, and look forward to catching up with you again as we go #ForwardwiththeForum
Mental health isn’t something that some people have and others don’t. We all have it, good or bad. And everyone is on a sliding scale of mental health, changing positions on that scale as we go through life, challenges, experiences. It’s how we deal with our mental...
With ever-changing restrictions and constantly shifting goal posts, it’s been difficult in recent weeks, to grasp hold of anything resembling ‘normal’ when it comes to many people’s jobs. But as the furlough scheme draws to a close, so many employees in North Tyneside...
Thursday 22 October 2020, 9:30am-11am Zoom - register for link After muddling through the past 6 months with what whatever equipment we have available to us at home, and working from home set to continue for the foreseeable future, lots of businesses are making...
Thursday 5 November, 9am-12noon Online - register for attendance To cut through the plethora of COVID webinars and vast array of information being generated at this time, we have been working closely with Northstar Ventures, to create a fully funded peer to peer...
As the global pandemic grinds on, there is no avoiding big conversations in the workplace. Whether you need to lay people off, reduce hours, talk about pay cuts or simply manage complaints and problems within your teams, the big conversations will crop up. Dealing...
As many businesses take tentative steps to welcome their teams back into a physical working place, with the added challenges of local restrictions, it’s vital to ensure mental health and support are top of the priority list. The transition from homeworking to...
As the UK adjusts to ‘the new normal’, businesses up and down the country are flexing their muscles, feeling out the pain points and readying themselves for striving towards recovery. To support our businesses in North Tyneside, we’ve done some digging around to find...
Regional and National Recovery Funding, Support & Advice
We’re working with the North East Growth Hub to highlight regional and national support schemes to help out businesses recover from the pandemic. There are a range of fully funded, pro-bono and grant funds available to businesses over the coming months.
North Tyneside Business Recovery Programme
Quick-access, free and practical hands-on support for North Tyneside businesses to aid their recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Digital, Business Rescue, Low Carbon and Sales support including identifying new markets, online trading & booking systems, social media support, financial and business advice to trade out of difficulty and more.
More info can be found on the North Tyneside Council website here
Regionally (Tyne & Wear, Durham & Northumberland)
- BT Small Business Support Scheme – boost connectivity, cash flow and confidence. This includes funding for ultrafast business connections; bursaries for UK tech start-ups and support for small businesses through mentoring. Read more
- North East Fund – provide loans or equity investment, ranging from £20k to £1m+ to help North East companies sustain their activities and to grow. Read more
- Open North Foundation – £1-5k grants for business with job growth prospects. Read more
- SME Restart & Recovery Grant – £1-3k grants for consultancy & technology. A national fund, delivered regionally by North East Growth Hub. Read more The NORTH TYNESIDE ballot will be open from Monday 28 September, 12noon until Tuesday 29 September, 23:59 ONLY.
- Kickstarting Tourism – £1-3k grants for consultancy & technology. A national fund, delivered regionally by North East Growth Hub. Read more Phase 2 for Expressions of Interest, opens 9 September 2020.
- Culture Recovery Fund – £50k to £2m grants for the support art forms delivered by Arts Council, England. Opens 10 Aug. Read more
- Hiring Apprentices funding – £2,000 for each new apprentice hired by Jan 2021. Read more
- Kickstart Scheme – 100% funding for 6-month placements for 16-24 year olds. Read more
Still a bit unsure about what is right for your business?
Our friend Andrew Gibson at North East Fund is allocating every Wednesday to speaking to North Tyneside-based businesses all about finance! He’ll guide you through all of the finance options available, signpost you to the right place and will support your business to find out what is right for you. To find out more and book a slot email Andrew.Gibson@northeastfund.org