COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on businesses in North Tyneside but reassuringly, what has come out of the pandemic is our members ability to adapt and face the challenge head on.
As a Forum, we’ve shared information to our members and the business community but now we feel it is time to move onto the next stage.
Based on your feedback, over the next couple of months we’ll be sharing practical tips and guidance for businesses in three main areas – Finance, Wellbeing and Adapting.
We’d also like to see you at our online & face to face networking events, and look forward to catching up with you again as we go #ForwardwiththeForum
As many businesses take tentative steps to welcome their teams back into a physical working place, with the added challenges of local restrictions, it’s vital to ensure mental health and support are top of the priority list. The transition from homeworking to...
As the UK adjusts to ‘the new normal’, businesses up and down the country are flexing their muscles, feeling out the pain points and readying themselves for striving towards recovery. To support our businesses in North Tyneside, we’ve done some digging around to find...
Regional and National Recovery Funding, Support & Advice
We’re working with the North East Growth Hub to highlight regional and national support schemes to help out businesses recover from the pandemic. There are a range of fully funded, pro-bono and grant funds available to businesses over the coming months.
North Tyneside Business Recovery Programme
Quick-access, free and practical hands-on support for North Tyneside businesses to aid their recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Digital, Business Rescue, Low Carbon and Sales support including identifying new markets, online trading & booking systems, social media support, financial and business advice to trade out of difficulty and more.
More info can be found on the North Tyneside Council website here
Regionally (Tyne & Wear, Durham & Northumberland)
- BT Small Business Support Scheme – boost connectivity, cash flow and confidence. This includes funding for ultrafast business connections; bursaries for UK tech start-ups and support for small businesses through mentoring. Read more
- North East Fund – provide loans or equity investment, ranging from £20k to £1m+ to help North East companies sustain their activities and to grow. Read more
- Open North Foundation – £1-5k grants for business with job growth prospects. Read more
- SME Restart & Recovery Grant – £1-3k grants for consultancy & technology. A national fund, delivered regionally by North East Growth Hub. Read more The NORTH TYNESIDE ballot will be open from Monday 28 September, 12noon until Tuesday 29 September, 23:59 ONLY.
- Kickstarting Tourism – £1-3k grants for consultancy & technology. A national fund, delivered regionally by North East Growth Hub. Read more Phase 2 for Expressions of Interest, opens 9 September 2020.
- Culture Recovery Fund – £50k to £2m grants for the support art forms delivered by Arts Council, England. Opens 10 Aug. Read more
- Hiring Apprentices funding – £2,000 for each new apprentice hired by Jan 2021. Read more
- Kickstart Scheme – 100% funding for 6-month placements for 16-24 year olds. Read more