Opportunities for construction and building services in North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council will soon be launching a major procurement activity, with contracts to be available for suppliers of all sizes.
Ahead of this, North Tyneside Council would like to invite sub-contractors and suppliers to come and hear how you could become part of the housing, repairs and maintenance supply chain.
The events will focus on sharing information regarding the process for submitting tenders and other relevant opportunities.
Contracts will range in value, so there will be sessions aimed at those who are self-employed, sole traders and local businesses, as well as other sessions for larger, national businesses.
Sessions will include representatives from the North East Purchasing Organisation (NEPO) and North Tyneside Council.
The sessions will all be held at The Parks Sports Centre, North Shields, on the following dates:
- Tuesday 24 July (aimed at smaller, local businesses), 8am-9am or 5.30pm-6.30pm
- Wednesday 25 July (aimed at larger, national businesses), 8am-9am or 5.30pm-6.30pm
- Tuesday 24 July, (aimed at smaller, local businesses), 9.30am-10.30am or 4pm-5pm
- • Wednesday 25 July (aimed at larger, national businesses), 9.30am-10.30am or 4pm-5pm
To support local businesses with bids...
Our training partner, The Business Factory Business Growth Programme can offer your business:
3 hour session – How to find, apply and bid for Tenders
During the session we will tell and show you:
• Why and how you should bid for these tenders
• What sort of opportunities are available
• The facts about the public-sector procurement process
• The benefits of winning a public-sector contract
• How to find and register for suitable opportunities
• The approach to take when responding to them
• Tips for success in increasing your chances of winning a tender
Bookings can be made at www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/growth-events/
Up to 12 hours of support with a procurement specialist
- An understanding of public procurement and private sector procurement
- Assistance in understanding the competitive environment and how to bid against competition – or collaborate with them
- How to find opportunities and register with key portals or approved supplier lists and how to register clients on appropriate tender portals
- Collating the key documentation – The Bid Pack
Development of key documentation required – H&S, Equality and Diversity, Insurance, Quality, Financial Statements, Case Studies, Technical Capability, Company Information, etc
- Coaching in understanding of public procurement and how to bid, knowledge of how to complete RFQ, PQQ and ITT’s
- Provide practical help to prospective businesses in preparation to submit Tenders and Request for Quotes (to be tender-ready)
- Completing the bid documents – RFQ/PQQ/ITT. Coaching with storyboarding/bid themes and bid writing tips
There is also a range of support available in other subject areas such as Social Media, Property, Sales, Marketing and Branding.
To speak to the team about how The Business Factory can support your business, please call 0191 643 6000 or email email@example.com