Employment and Skills – North Tyneside Council
The team assist employers based in North Tyneside to grow their business with employment and help create opportunities for local people.
The team offer a wide range of support for businesses:
- analysis of your business skills need
- skills matching your vacancy to the right candidate
- free vacancy advertising
- promoting your vacancies in the local area
- identifying and sourcing recruitment and training support
- managing your recruitment process
- creating effective job descriptions
- interview support and facilities
- identifying financial incentives
- investigating work experience options
- support in redundancy situations
- recruitment and creation of apprenticeship positions
Part of the offer from Employment and Skills also look at the skills gap with young people (and existing members of staff), the service can also help your business recruit an apprentice or train existing staff to suit your business needs.
Apprenticeship Funding – How it Works?
It affects the way apprenticeship training is funded in England and is designed to increase the number of apprenticeships as a way of meeting current and future skill needs. In short:
- Any UK employer, in any sector with a payroll of more than £3 million per year will need to pay the levy
- Any employers with a payroll of under £3m will pay 10% of the levy
- For employers with less than 50 employees, a payroll bill of under £3 million and employ 16-18 year old apprentices, the Government will pay 100% of apprenticeship training costs.
Employers are entitled to a £1000 incentive for recruiting an apprentice aged 16-18 or an apprentice aged 19+ who requires additional support
For more information about hiring an apprentice, call 0191 643 2288 or visit my.northtyneside.gov.uk/recruitment-and-training