Tuesday 28th April, 09:00 – 12:00, Langdale Centre, Langdale Gardens, Wallsend NE28 0HG.
North Tyneside Council would like too invite members of North Tyneside Business Forum to the second workshop to inform North Tyneside’s Climate Emergency Action Plan.
Please note if you did
A letter is below.
In July 2019, North Tyneside Council declared a Climate Emergency and requested Officers to develop an Action Plan to meet the associated carbon neural target for both the Borough and the operations of the Authority by 2050 (in line with national government). North Tyneside Council is currently developing that Plan and we have commissioned the Carbon Trust to support this work. Our Action Plan will be based on a quantified carbon neutral scenario up to 2050, built around a review of existing plans and supplemented with a series of programmes, projects and measures which can be developed over the reporting period.
Workshop No.1 (held on 3rd March) was focussed on developing a whole energy system vision for North Tyneside, identifying strategic priority areas across heat and energy efficiency, power and transport.
We would like to hear from local businesses, public bodies, the Third Sector and community groups to continue to inform the shared development of an Action Plan that people can get behind.
We’re therefore delighted to invite you to the Second Stakeholder Workshop to inform North Tyneside’s Climate Emergency Action Plan.
At this workshop, we will undertake the development of the results generated at our successful 3rd March Workshop.
Whilst further analysis of the results is currently ongoing, we anticipate that at this event, we will:
- Recap on what the Authority is undertaking and provide an update on baseline assessment work
- Present the results of pathway modelling
- Provide an overview of what we’re trying to achieve from the Action Plan and an explanation of the evaluation framework
- Undertake workshop exercises to identify projects and interventions for the Action Plan, divided across the key priority areas identified within the vision (e.g. heat, power, transport, smart grids etc)
- We will use the outcomes of the Workshop discussions to inform the projects identified within the action plan.
A finalised Agenda will be sent out to delegates prior to the Workshop.
*Please Note – Registration is very important to us as we may need to undertake further communications if necessary
Please use this link to register
Michael Keenlyside, Environmental Sustainability Officer
Tel: (0191) 643 6505