Nexus is currently seeking to procure three contracts worth around £500m as part of the Nexus’ Fleet Replacement Programme on the Tyne and Wear Metro.
The different contract opportunities, which are in construction, manufacture and maintenance, are described in detail below.
We are also holding an event on Monday 8 October which will give businesses the opportunity to meet the bidders and find out more about the opportunities available. If you are interested in attending this event, please register your interest now.
- Design, supply and assembly of systems, sub-systems, components and system software / firmware
- Vehicle body design, manufacture, fabrication and assembly
- Testing and commissioning services for vehicle systems
- Transportation of new and existing fleet
- Supply of systems, subsystems, components and consumables associated with the maintenance of existing and new fleet
- Supply of plant, equipment and tools to serve fleet maintenance requirements
- Disposal of current fleet
- Demolition of an existing depot building
- Decommissioning and removal of railway assets
- Design, construction, testing and commissioning of new railway assets
- Design and construction of a new depot building
- Provision of plant and equipment to serve fleet maintenance activities
- Provision of building maintenance services
- The move brings huge opportunities for businesses to be part of a new supply chain working with the bidders