The Prime Minister has this evening (Monday 22 February) set out a Roadmap out of Lockdown for England. There are conditions to be met at every stage of reopening of the economy, these dates are dates to aim to.
- On 8 March, schools will reopen and two people allowed to meet outdoors to socialise
- From 29 March, outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed
- Outdoor sports, including football, golf and tennis, will be allowed to resume
- From 12 April non-essential shops, hairdressers and gyms can reopen
- Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’).
- Zoos and theme parks can reopen
- Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.
- From 17 May with most social contact rules lifted, as well as limited mixing indoors
- Indoor hospitality will reopen – and as in Step 2, venues will not have to serve a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks; nor will there be a curfew. Customers will, however, have to order, eat and drink while seated.
- Indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas and children’s play areas; the rest of the accommodation sector, including hotels, hostels and B&Bs; and indoor adult group sports and exercise classes.
- from 21 June, would see the end of all legal limits on social contact and open all remaining businesses.
The full plan can be found here https://www.gov.uk/…/publ…/covid-19-response-spring-2021
We will continue to update on financial business support measures for periods of closure following the allocated funding on 15 February. We appreciate the anger and frustration from businesses about this situation, it is out of our control and like you we’re sure you’re all waiting and watching for further news from central Government.
Stay safe and stay positive
Karen, Andrew, Amy & the NTBF management team